TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - the E63 mixture Seb said was very similar to "E85"
People Seeking Info

Subject the E63 mixture Seb said was very similar to "E85"

Posted by maglito on April 23, 2013 at 9:12 AM
  This message has been viewed 2092 times.

In Reply To Cool! posted by KongZTT GT28RS MD on April 23, 2013 at 08:29 AM

Message On other cars he's tuned in terms of detonation resistance. Hopefully he'll chime in with his thoughts.

93octane would likely have more timing pulled (retarded) and less injector duty. So, on my wastegates only boost level ~18.5psi (would never run more boost than that on 93octane), would likely be in the 550-560 RWHP level (compared to the 586 RWHP you see on run5 posted above at the same boost level on E85). I'm basically giving it another 10-20HP from the cam gears from the original dyno pull on Don's tune made back in early 2007 (first chart on the post).

I really plan to run e85 most of the time, but I'll probably put a 93 octane tune on it and test on the dyno to make sure it is safe sometime in the future. I understand it's good to run 93octane through it every so often to "clean it out". I've also read on other forums and heard from other sources it can be hard on the fuel system to let E85 sit in there too long. Some have sighted damaged injectors from going for 2 weeks without driving the car while others go 3+ months with no problems. Better safe than sorry, but for now it's a great excuse to get out and drive the Z32 more often (keep that E85 cycling through the system)!

m a g l i t o
E85 conversion COMPLETE --700RWHP, 683TQ on corn not fed to starving children
my Z is not for sale
The build up begins - progress - reassembly part one - part two - aliaZspec stage2 heads - 2013 SpecialtyZ dynotune results
Links with working pictures of my Z -> Gateway International Raceway HPDE 2007 - Putnam Park HPDE 2007 (data acquisition analysis) - Chicago Z meet 2007

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.